5 facts to know about Shoulder Straps:
- They are inspired by the mochila strap
- Crafted by indigenous artisans from the Wayuu tribe
- The strap is woven on a loom
- Each design symbolizes nature or the Wayuu culture
- It takes about 7 hours of work to craft one mochila
The Wayuu women take care of weaving the mochilas. This tribe comes from the region of “la Guajira”, a territory between Colombia and Venezuela. Craftsmanship is a tradition that is passed down for centuries from generation to generation.