5 facts to know about our mochilas:
- The mochila is an emblematic bag of Colombia
- Made by indigenous artisans from the Wayuu tribe
- The base is woven with the crochet technique
- Each design symbolizes nature or the Wayuu culture
- It takes about 24 hours of work to produce one mochila
The Wayuu women weave the mochilas. This tribe comes from the region of “la Guajira”, a territory between Colombia and Venezuela. Craftsmanship is a tradition that is passed down for centuries from generation to generation.