The Iraca Bag is the trendy bag of the summer. It will embellish any outfit with its artisanal and modern touch. You can add a twist with a beautiful silk scarf for example. Each model is unique, you will be the only one to have it on the beach or in the city. It is very light because it is made of Iraca fiber.
Height: 25cm, Length: 28cm
Iraca fiber (comes from banana tree’s leaves) and iron for the frame
Not ideal to wear it under the rain due to its use of natural fibers
5 facts to know about our Iraca Bags:
- Crafted in a small village near Barranquilla, Colombia
- Iraca fiber comes from banana leaves that are dried and dyed
- Children of this modest village are able to go to university thanks to the revenues of the Iraca craftsmanship
- Our local artisan Angie has worked with a famous designer in the United States
- The frame of the bag is sculpted with an iron wire
Angie lives in a small house in an Iraca village (Colombia). The majority of the population are artisans who work with Iraca fibers. They meet daily to weave this particular material. They start with drying the banana tree leaves. Then they dye them with natural pigments and cut them in order to get a thread. It is an ancestral tradition.