5 facts to know about our Gaucho Belts:
- Traditional Argentinian belt of the Gauchos
- The cross on the belt symbolizes the Andes Mountain in the Mapuche tradition
- It takes about 5 hours to weave the broderie
- The thread of the broderie is dipped into wax to be more resistant
- The gaucho belts become even more beautiful over time and wear
Who made the Gaucho Belt?
Sergio makes the Gaucho belts in his small atelier in Buenos Aires. He is originally from la Pampa (a region in the center of Argentina). He starts by cutting the leather and then weaves the broderie with string. Sergio sells his gauchos products in a small shop in Buenos Aires.