5 facts to know about our Purse luna:
- The Luna purse is the base of the “Mochila”
- Crafted by indigenous artisans from the Wayuu tribe
- It is woven with using crochet technique
- Each design symbolizes nature or the Wayuu culture
- It takes about 5-6 hours of work to craft one Luna purse
The Wayuu women weave the mochilas. This tribe lives in the region of “la Guajira”, a territory between Colombia and Venezuela. Craftsmanship is a tradition that is passed down for centuries from generation to generation.