5 facts to know about our Purse luna:
- The Purse Luna is the basis of a mochila
- Made by indigenous artisans from the Wayuu tribe
- It is woven with the crochet technique
- Each design symbolizes nature or the Wayuu culture
- It takes about 5-6 hours of work to produce one Luna purse
The Wayuu women take care of weaving the mochilas. This tribe comes from the region of “la Guajira”, a territory between Colombia and Venezuela. Craftsmanship is a tradition that is passed down for centuries from generation to generation.